The LTC course is $75 per person (Veterans fee is $50). The fee is non-refundable and is not part of the fee to the state.
Texas LTC Eligibility
It is not the responsibility of Venture Team Shooting Sports, LLC or its Instructors to determine eligibility of students or persons seeking to obtain a License to Carry. Review eligibility requirements closely before registering as class fees are NOT refundable.
Please direct any questions about eligibility to the DPS Website: www.txdps.state.tx.us
A person is eligible for a license to carry a handgun if the person:
is a legal resident of this state for the six month period preceding the date of application,
is at least 21 years of age (military 18),
has not been convicted of a felony,
is not currently charged with the commission of a felony, Class A or Class B misdemeanor, or equivalent offense, or an offense under Sec. 42.01 of the penal Code (Disorderly Conduct) or equivalent offense,
is not a fugitive from justice for a felony, Class A or Class B misdemeanor, or equivalent offense,
is not a chemically dependent person (a person with two convictions within the ten year period preceding the date of application for offenses (Class B or greater) involving the use of alcohol or a controlled substance is ineligible as a chemically dependent person. Other evidence of chemical dependency may also make an individual ineligible for a LTC),
is not incapable of exercising sound judgement with respect to the proper use and storage of a handgun,
has not, in the five years preceding the application, been convicted of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor, or equivalent offense, or an offense under Section 42.01 of the Penal Code (Disorderly Conduct) or equivalent offense,
is fully qualified under applicable federal and state law to purchase a handgun,
has not been finally determined to be delinquent in making child support administered or collected by the attorney general,
has not been finally determined to be delinquent in the payment of a tax or other money collected by the comptroller, state treasurer, tax collector of a political subdivision, Alcohol Beverage Commission or any other agency or subdivision,
is not currently restricted under a court protective order subject to a restraining order affecting a spousal relationship,
has not, in the 10 years preceding the date of application, been adjudicated as having engaged in delinquent conduct violating a penal law in the grade of felony,
has not made any material misrepresentation, or failed to disclose any material fact, in an application submitted pursuant to Section 411.174 or in a request for application submitted pursuant to Section 411.175.
Mandatory Course Topics
• Legal Aspects of Concealed Carry & Open Carry
• Discussion of Texas Law In Regards To Use of Force/Deadly Force
• Non Violent Dispute Resolution
• Safe Handling & Storage Of Firearms
• Basic Marksmanship and Range Brief
• It is required that each applicant take a written test that consists of 25 questions multiple choice and true/false questions.
•A score of 70% is required to pass the classroom portion of class.
Course Completion Certificate
• Once you have completed the required class hours, we will give you a CHL-100 to add to your packet to be sent to TXDPS for processing.
• Texas Residents will automatically have their TX Driver's License photo used on the concealed handgun license
• Non Residents without a Texas DL or ID will need to complete the Photo Holder Form and send in the photo. Passport photos are required.
• Digital fingerprints are required and can be obtained here: https://www.identogo.com/
• Walk-in’s are not allowed, appointments must be made.
• In the Fort Hood area, go here:
4402 E Central Texas Expy Killeen, TX 76543-5377
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM & 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM & 2:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
• Further information: https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/CHL/LicenseRegistration/chlFingerprintInfo.htm
For the most up to date list click here.